Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Player earns 650,000 USD playing MMO "Entropia Universe"

I'd never even heard of the game Entropia Universe until a few days ago. After hearing that a player named Neverdie sold a piece of land in game for 650,000 dollars, I quickly started looking into it. Apparently it's an MMO that features a real economy. You exchange real money for Project Entropia Dollars, or PEDs, which can be cashed back into real dollars at anytime.

So how did this player manage to earn over half a million from playing? Back in 2005 he purchased an asteroid for 100,000 USD and over the years slowly built on it and turned it into what he calls "Club Neverdie". Other players pay him PEDs to be able to hunt or mine on his property and other rent small areas for themselves. He reportedly earned back his 100,000 after 8 months. He then sold Club Neverdie for the 650,000 dollars.


The game itself is set in a scifi futuristic universe where players colonize areas and explore planets. It functions much like normal MMOs where players can trade, craft, or fight creatures. It was started in 2003 by a Swedish company named Mindark.

If you're wondering why a game where players trade and earn such large amounts money is relatively unknown, well I don't know. You'd think the word would have been spread back when he spent 100,000 on the asteroid instead of now.


If you're thinking about giving it a try, there's a catch. While you're able to play the game for free, you start off with very little. The things you're able to collect are very cheap and aren't going to rich you rich, in game or out. If you want to kill tougher creatures or collect expensive items you have to buy PEDs to help you start out, and even then it takes a while before you're going to be able to "make money" off the game.

If you want to give it a try, here is the link. Good luck.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/

18 comments:

Copyboy said... [Reply]

That is amazing. I wonder if I can buy some beach property in the 3rd galaxy. Can you imagine if 2nd life or Sims adopted that premise? We'd eliminate are economic woes in two parsecs.

Christie Klein said... [Reply]

I'm pretty sure I heard about this a while ago, or something similar.

caretaker said... [Reply]

strange i dont belive tihat sh

Buff Drinklots said... [Reply]

"Can you imagine if 2nd life"

You can already spend money on land and make money off it too.

Anonymous said... [Reply]

Mr Neverdie made a very good investment by buying that asteroid. Location location location!

MarkoManager said... [Reply]

Nice post, like and follow...

David Davidson said... [Reply]

wow, I wish I could do that

Classically Trained Nub said... [Reply]

I'll stick with botting toons from 1-80 in 2 days, do some pug raids for gear, and then sell it on ebay for stupid amounts of money. I was typing this in satire, but now I am actually considering it.

Anonymous said... [Reply]

I heard about this in class yesterday. Crazy!

tigey said... [Reply]

Very interesting game, never heard about it until now, they have a very interesting gameplay

Ada said... [Reply]

All of a sudden I'm tempted to sell my lonely 80 shaman on WoW...

Das Auto! said... [Reply]

that would be a really risky investment, it's good to hear that it was that profitable for him

but goddamn, who the hell is willing to spend money on stuff like this?

Telia Tuli said... [Reply]

damn
i never should of gave up gaming
this makes me want to get back into it

killerkun said... [Reply]

Crazy people e__e I want to make money out of VG too D:

Astra said... [Reply]

wow, thats cool

Teutorix said... [Reply]

I'm going to start playing this game right now.
Good post.

Lexington said... [Reply]

I like the idea of it but I dont even pay for Wow so why would I spend money like this, I'm far too poor as it is.

RatsRunThisTown said... [Reply]

Free time will be killed by this game;D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...