Monday, December 20, 2010

The Borgias, a Showtime Series

Showtime has a new show coming out, The Borgias. As an Assassins Creed 2 and Assassins Creed: Brotherhood fan, this series really interests me. It seems that it's going to be done in a very similar fashion to Rome, if you've ever seen that groundbreaking series based on Julius Caesar and his nephew, Octavian.

Apparently it stars Oscar winning actor, Jeremy Irons stars as the manipulative and cruel Rodrigo Borgia and his quest for Pope. I doubt you'll be seeing any of Ezio in the series, but I'm interested in seeing if Caterina Sforza appears and if so, how she's portrayed. This also makes me wonder if the show's creators were fans of Assassins Creed 2, or if it was just a coincidence.

From what I've seen of the trailer, the series also seems to have the older brother of Cesare Borgio who was not seen in Assassins Creed: Brotherhood and it was suspected that Cesare murdered him. I'll be interested in seeing how they go about presenting this series.
You can watch the trailer for the new 'The Borgias' at the link below.

'The Borgias' on Youtube.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...